Donate

 

Hello there!

Suffering with Interstitial Cystitis (IC) and looking for answers? In my blog, I explore more ways than the "established routes to treatment" and try to open up hearts and minds to other, non-invasive and safer alternatives. We explore the realms of dis-ease, nutrition, health, and wellness and make changes in order to HEAL, not just treat.
$85 initial consultation for 1.5 hours. Please use the donate button to the left of THIS screen. (If you don't see it, you are most likely using a phone and in "phone mode." You must change to "desktop mode" to see the 'paypal' button.

Contact me at tosunnymorrow@hotmail.com or call 864-905-1864. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Making Our Own Horseradish


After Easter this year buying store-bought horseradish and running out of it twice! I decided to make my own.  I saw a big horseradish root at the grocer and said "What the heck - I'll give it a try!"  This is one root about 12" long.  The jar holds 2 lbs. (an old honey jar) I peeled it, chopped it into big chunks and then placed it into the Cuisinart for further processing.  One word of CAUTION!  Don't stick your head directly over the ground horseradish at any time!  It not only effects your eyes like cutting onions, but effects your nasal passages.  If you had been watching you would have laughed hysterically!  I recommend wafting the aroma towards your nose from a foot away and wearing clear swimming goggles to protect your eyes.  We did it in Chemistry class, didn't we??  LOL
I added some apple cider vinegar and Celtic Sea Salt to taste.
I guess I should add that eating horseradish on what we call "Easter Cheese" is a tradition for my family.  We make the Easter Cheese every year and it takes a few hours, then overnight for the cheese to form into a ball.
Try making your own Horseradish today! -Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment